This new icon engine which is new with V0.6.0 of WPS-Wizard allows the use of PNG image files for icons. Unique features of this engine are:
- True alpha blending and transparency
- Seamless integration into the WPS including drag and drop icon assignment and icon editing from the objects icon page
- No patching of system files
- Icon creation by specifying drawing commands which are performed on the fly using the Cairo graphics library
- Overlay of image files with true alpha blending
- Line, arc, rectangle, ... drawing with true alpha blending
- Text drawing (with, yes, alpha blending)
- Font control
- Rotation and translating while drawing
- Drawing commands are simple text commands in a control file. No recompilation necessary.
- Arbitrary icon size up to 200x200
- Icon size settable for each folder
- Works with all major WPS enhancers (XWP, EWP, BubblePad,...)
- It's free
Icon themes can be found here: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wps-wizard/theme/.
Theme screenshots can be found on the Screenshots page.
Drawing Commands for Icons
An explanation of supported drawing commands can be found on the Drawing Commands page.
Icon creation tutorial
A tutorial about how to create icons can be found here.
Questions and answers
Got to this page.
More screenshots can be found on the Screenshot page.