WPS-Wizard is a set of classes to add unique features to the WPS. It's seamlessly integrated and offers e.g. an info area for folders showing previews of images (eCS 1.2MR and above) and PDFs (if Lucide is installed), a technically advanced and unique Icon engine for using PNG image files as icons, a Rexx interface to the WPS and much more. See the feature list for more info.
There is beta version available V0.6.1 alpha 3(2008-03-24): ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming. Use with care.
- Icon engine for using PNG images as icons
- Icon engine allows on the fly creation of composited icons using the Cairo library
- Configurable icon size (per folder)
- Preview of image and Lucide thumbnails (PDF files) in the folder info area
- Configurable context menus
- Rexx interface to the WPS. Use Rexx to program the behaviour of objects
- Image files have their image as icon
- Folder toolbars
- Folder information area
- WPS stability improvements
- Works with XWP, EWP, BubblePad, ...
- It's free
- Lucide previews are not shown if the GIF IO procedure from the eSchemes application is installed. Use the system supplied one.
- No preview for BMP images for now
- Ghost icons may be shown on the eCenter when screen color depth is set to anything other than 24 or 32bit
Icon themes can be found here: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wps-wizard/theme/.
Theme screenshots can be found on the Screenshots page.
Drawing commands of the icon engine
The icon engine offers a lot of drawing commands which are described here.
Icon creation tutorial
A tutorial about how to create icons can be found here.
Questions and answers
Got to this page.
More screenshots can be found on the Screenshots page.