ToDo? list for Triton
This is a list of things to be done for Triton. It's not ordered by any means, just a heap of ideas and tasks quickly collected together and organized into classes, so they won't be forgotten.
- Test what happens if a zero length buffer is given into the AudMix? system. It should simply skip that buffer and go for the next one, flawlessly.
- Implement reverse playback
- Remove restriction of source audio format (handle non-16bits-44KHz-stereo)
- Remove restriction of destination audio format
- Use MMX/SSE/etc. instructions for saturation and at other places to speed up the mixer.
- Add structure packing/alignment info into public header files
- Create documentation, containing:
- How to compile the project
- General system overview
- Documentation for application programmers (Using MMIO)
- Documentation for plugin developers (Extending MMIO)
- Create OGG Vorbis plugins (OGG demuxer and Vorbis decoder)
- Create a video decoder plugin (Possibly DivX first?)
- Create a video output plugin (once we have a video decoder :) )
- Make FileHandler? plugin large-file aware
- Test the libavcodec-based plugin, what happens if it's loaded twice in a process. It has static allocated arrays, make sure they are free'd when needed, but only then, not sooner.