Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#581 new defect

boot hang @ WPS-start (and startup.cmd)

Reported by: Michaelhz Owned by: dazarewicz
Priority: minor Milestone: Release 4.00
Component: ACPI PSD Version: 3.21.07
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Possibly the same as #578. System hang with 80% probability when booting after WPS-start. The startup.cmd window appears, but does not execute anything. Without startup.cmd the WPS just hangs. In the 20% good cases the system works well. Workaround is /MAXCPU=1. The system is an AMD based MSI 785GE53 with 4 core CPU. Old ACPI-versions (possibly before 3.21) worked well in this respect. Please find enclosed the log-file. It took me a huge effort to generate this (Assembling a nullmodem cable and reactivating an old RS-232 laptop).

Attachments (2)

_DSC4579.jpg (46.2 KB) - added by Michaelhz 6 years ago.
picture of boothang
zoc1303.log (93.9 KB) - added by Michaelhz 6 years ago.
logfile from 2 boots (with and w/o MAXCPU

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 6 years ago by Michaelhz

picture of boothang

Changed 6 years ago by Michaelhz

logfile from 2 boots (with and w/o MAXCPU

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Michaelhz

... just to remind. Even the boot is not done succesfully, the system goes into S5 after pressing the power button (see log also)

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by darcio

Well, I am able to get a tad further in my boot process...my MSI board with AMD Phenom II X6 cpu will boot with 5 cores, however, attempting 6 cores means a hang in nearly 100% of the cases.

Using the latest ArcaNoae? ACPI release 3.22.06...what can I do to help out with this?

Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.