"Tagesschau" can be viewed with WarpVision? in a number of ways:
- by downloading the stream and watching when the file is fully downloaded
- by streaming the video directly from the "Tagesschau" server with WarpVision?
- by using the browser plugin
- any WarpVision? version should work, I tested with Version 1.0.1
- installed and working ODIN (not sure what version I used)
- installed Win32 codecs for either RealMedia? or WindowsMedia? or both
Downloading the Stream and Watching
Streaming directly from the "Tagesschau" Server with WarpVision?
- navigate to the "Tagesschau" homepage and select the date and time you want to watch
- for example: (15. June 2006, 14:00) http://www.tagesschau.de/sendungen/0,1196,OID5626456,00.html
- select "Windows Media" "Breitband" and "externer Player" then hit "Video starten"
- the browser will open (or prompt you for a download location) the file "redirect.lsc"
- this file contains the actual URL of the "mms" Stream
- example: <Ref href = "mms://184.108.40.206/tagesschau/msmedia/2006/0615/TV-20060615-1425-3501.wm.hi.wmv" />
- start "video2.exe" with the stream URL as parameter
- example: video2.exe mms://220.127.116.11/tagesschau/msmedia/2006/0615/TV-20060615-1425-3501.wm.hi.wmv
- below is a screen shot of how it should look
- please note that for taking the screen shot I used "Dive" as the "preferred video plugin"
- when using "WarpOverlay?" as the video plugin, the quality is a lot better (but you cannot take screen shots :-) )