Samba scripts, utilities and external commands
For many tasks Samba requires scripts and so called external commands. On *nix platforms these are usually shell scripts and simple Perl programs. On eComStation and OS/2 many of these commands were ported to REXX (and VX-REXX).
The Samba scripts, utilities and external commands are contributed by Herwig Bauernfeind. As the number of scripts and utilities is constantly extended and updated, they can be downloaded directly from Herwig's Samba page.
Among other scripts you will find there:
- smb.cmd - extended port of *nix shell script to start/stop/restart Samba.
- findsmb.cmd - port of *nix script to find SMB machines on the current or a given subnet
- addshare.cmd - external command script to add Samba shares from a client (tested with WinXP only)
- delshare.cmd - external command script to remove Samba shares from a client (tested with WinXP only)
- changeshare.cmd - external command script to modify Samba shares from a client (tested with WinXP only)
A complete list of external scripts supported by Samba and their availability status on eComStation & OS/2 can be found here.
Older revisions packages can also be found at ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/samba/contrib