Clients tested with the Samba Server for eComStation & OS/2
The following clients have been successfully tested with the Samba Server builds for eCS (OS/2) and are known to be working:
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Professional (natively and from within a VPC/2 guest)
- Windows XP Home
- Windows 2000 (natively and from within Svista and VPC/2 guests)
- Windows NT 4.0
- IBM LAN Requester (as shipped with OS/2 Warp 4 and eComStation 1.x)
- Netdrive 3.0.x with Samba Client plugin
- eComStation 2.x with eVFS
- Mandrake Linux 2006
- MacOS X Version 10.5.1
- Mediagate MG-35 Media Player
Note: Samba Server builds older than 2007-02-26 had problems with Extended Attributes (EAs), both with clients connected with IBM LAN Requester and with clients connected with the older Samba 3.0.9 plugins for Netdrive.
Note: The Samba Client Plugin for Netdrive (and eVFS) in general is slower than the IBM LAN Requester.