Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#46 closed defect (invalid)

java apps fail to display open file dialog

Reported by: losepete Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: general enhancement
Component: odin Version:
Severity: highest Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Not sure if this is an odin or java6 problem but Arachnophilia - http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/ - fails to display the file open dialog.

The error log generated by this app when trying to open a file contains the following error:-

java.io.IOException: Could not get shell folder ID list

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by losepete

Problem resolved, Arachnophilia (amongst others) now working properly.

The cause of the problem was somewhere within these actions:-

1] Deleted the %HOME%\.Arachnophilia directory so that it would get recreated next time I start Arachnophilia

2] Unzipped Odin 0.7.1 to a temp directory then copied the files from system32 to the odin\system32 directory - I used the Prompt for action option to make sure that all 76 (or was it 79?) files got copied successfully; I had previously used the Replace option.

3] After copying files I ran the odin\system32\odininst.exe program

I then started Arachnophilia and had no problems getting the file dialog to display.

Other apps now working properly are JDiskReport and JPhotoBrush.

However, other apps such as Art of Illusion, ImageEditor? and JEdit were working fine at the point in time that Arachnophilia, JDiskReport and JPhotoBrush were throwing the java error "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue?-0" java.lang.RuntimeException?: java.io.IOException: Could not get shell folder ID list". This added to my confusion.

I am tending to suspect that when I first unzipped Odin0.7.1 not all the system32 files got copied successfully to the odin\system32 directory - although I did not get any errors reported during unzipping or copying.

I am sure that I remember running odininst.exe after updating to Odin 0.7.1 initially.

I doubt that deleting the %HOME%\.Arachnophilia directory made any difference - certainly should not have affected whether JDiskReport and JPhotoBrush worked properly.

Anyway, looks like you can mark this bug as resolved - This applies to Ticket #47 which is a duplicate of this ticket.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by diver

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.