WebDAV plugin for NetDrive? for OS/2
Welcome to the WebDAV plugin project page!
With the plugin you'll be able to access DAV resources as regular directories on NetDrive? virtual volume.
The plugin is based on neon library developed by Joe Orton.
NdpDav? 1.2.1 is available for download:
- NetDrive? 3.x: http://www.bmtmicro.com/netdrive
- libc 0.6.5 runtime: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0_6_5-csd5.wpi
- 32bit tcpip stack
- neon (yum install neon)
- expat (yum install expat)
- openssl (yum install openssl)
- pthread (yum install pthread)
The plugin is based on the neon library and also includes OpenSSL and EXPAT libraries. The neon library is released under the LGPL license NetDrive? related source code comes with MIT license. To get plugin sources, please checkout code from Netlabs SVN server:
svn checkout http://svn.netlabs.org/repos/ndpdav/trunk .
Rebuild of source code, requires the following libraries: expat, neon, openssl.
To compile the code you need GCC 4.3.2 compiler, resouces require OW resource compiler and OS/2 Developers Toolkit 4.52 headers.
Copy Config.km_ to Config.kmk and edit path to your toolkit directory.
yum install gcc-wrc
yum install gcc-wlink
These two packages may insert some SET in your config.sys if not already there. Reboot may be required.
From the source subdirectory, run
and everything should be built. Note - currently debug build will need some extra work.
Plugin installation packages will be placed to ../dist subdirectory, while temporary build files will be in ../out. To remove all all generated files, run
kmk BUILD_TYPE=debug clean kmk BUILD_TYPE=release clean
kBuild 0.1.5-p1 is currently required to build everything.
Using the plugin
This plugin is not yet complete and requires some more features to be in production quality but I hope that it will be useful for some people. Also I hope that the plugin will be a help for developers who would like to create a custom NetDrive? plugin. All basic features has been implemented. The plugin supports password authentication and works with SSL. To enable SSL you have to use 'https' in URL in resource properties: https://servername/directory Please be aware that write may not work well. Writing files works only with Apache 2.0 and mod_dav. Do NOT write files on WebFolders? or Novell NetStorage?! This will destroy file content! Please be careful and do not access important files with the plugin.
For developers and users willing to help
Here is a short list of missing features. You are encouraged to implement them.
- local file cache for better performance
- http proxy support. neon already supports proxies so the plugin just have to use this functionality.
- implement write for servers that do not support PUT with Content-Range. This has to be done by caching file locally and uploading entire file when file is closed. AFAIK only Apache + mod_dav supports Content-Range for PUT.
- write help, documentation
Please see Links page for links to mentioned projects. Thanks to Adrian for making NetLabs? project for WebDAV plugin.
- Vitali Pelenyov (aka sunlover)
- Yuri Dario (aka Paperino)
- Silvan Scherrer (aka diver)
- Oliver Cremer
Thanks for testing!