Lucide Plugin Guide
Expect this part to get fleshed out in due time.
- Determine a need for a plugin (which document type or types is/are not yet supported or already supported, but could be improved?).
- Find a back end library to support the format (e.g., Poppler for PDF, DjVulibre for DjVu, libjpeg for JPEG).
- Review the Plugin API page to determine how best to implement the plugin using the selected backend library.
- Create a help document (IPF) specific to the new plugin.
- Package the plugin as an RPM.
- Submit it for review or distribute it yourself from your own repo.
Lucide honors the LUCIDEHELP environment variable in CONFIG.SYS. Plugin-specific help files should be appended to this list, e.g.:
The plugin-specific help document will be loaded as an appendix to the main help guide.
N.B.: Be careful to use unique resource IDs in the IPF to avoid confusion with any others, including Lucide's own help file.