Alternative search with regain
Regain is a java based search engine. Regain home page at sourceforge
- Download the regain zip file for all platforms f.i. http://sourceforge.net/projects/regain/files/regain/2.1.0%20Stable/regain_v2.1.0-STABLE_server.zip/download
- Unzip at a place where you've plenty of free space. The search index will be created in a sub directory and can be several giga bytes in size.
- Start the crawler with 'java -Xms128M -Xmx960M regain.jar'
- Edit .\conf\CrawlerConfiguration?.xml and set 'Filter files by filesize' <crawlerPlugin enabled="true"> to disable search in very big files. This will lead to an exception in the java engine. I've exceptions with files sized 120MB so set <param name="filesizeMaximumBytes">50000000</param>.
- Unfortunately 'CrawlerConfiguration?.xml' will be rewritten every time you save properties from the properties page of the web interface.
- filename:ecs - searches for all file which contains 'ecs' an their name.