Welcome to the development home for DataSeeker
DataSeeker is a PM based file and text search utility.
- National language support
- Boolean AND/OR on search pattern allowed (search for multiple files or text strings)
- Resizeable window (one of the main drawbacks of pmseek)
- Search history
You can also check:
|DataSeeker Latest Release||Netlabs / Hobbes||1.14||Binaries (2014/12/21) - Readme|
|Older Releases||DataSeeker Older Versions||--||Here you can find older releases of DataSeeker|
If you have tried out DataSeeker for the first time, or played with a new version, let me know (contact).
If you find bugs, please report it (New Ticket). You must be logged into TRAC to create tickets. Please login with your Netlabs login id. If you do not have a login id, you can request one at http://www.netlabs.org/en/site/member/member.xml. If you have troubles acquiring a Netlabs login id send an e-mail to Netlabs Community Mailing List. The netlabs mailing lists (http://wiki.netlabs.org/index.php/Mailinglists) are mirrored at gmane.org (f.i. http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.community/).
If you like to see improvements or bug fixes, you have to let me know or make it yourself (see Building DataSeeker).
Larsen Commander Integration
If you like to integrate DataSeeker as your standard file find utility in LarsenCommander you can set this in lcmd options as shown here
To start search with a single keystroke from within lcmd f.e. with F3 edit your lcmd.rc file
// cmdViewFile (key=VK_F3 ) // Files->View cmdFindFile (key=VK_F3 ) // Commands->Find File...
Alternative local search engine
- check out complete source tree from svn (trunk)
- follow the included build.txt and you are done
- if not, do not hesitate to ask
- BSD 3-clause license.
- Andreas Buchinger - Maintainer
- Alessandro Cantatore - Original Author